- reviewing or overseeing significant treasury matters such as capital structure and allocation strategy, derivative policy, global liquidity, fixed income investments, borrowings, currency exposure, dividend policy, share issuances and repurchases, and capital spending.
|M&A Transactions &
- assisting the Board in evaluating investment, acquisition, enterprise services, joint venture and divestiture transactions in which we engage as part of our business strategy from time to time and reporting and making recommendations to the Board as to scope, direction, quality, investment levels and execution of such transactions;
- evaluating and revising our approval policies with respect to such transactions;
- overseeing our integration planning and execution and the financial results of such transactions after integration;
- evaluating the execution, financial results and integration of our completed transactions; and
- overseeing and approving our strategic alliances.
|Capitalization; Debt &
- reviewing or overseeing our capital structure and allocation strategy;
- overseeing our loans and loan guarantees of third-party debt and obligations; and
- annually reviewing and approving certain swaps and other derivative transactions.
|Technology Strategies &
- making recommendations to the Board as to scope, direction, quality, investment levels, and execution of our technology strategies;
- overseeing the execution of technology strategies formulated by management; and
- providing guidance on technology as it may pertain to, among other things, market entry and exit, investments, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, new business divisions and spin-offs, research and development investments, and key competitor and partnership strategies.